Last weekend was a busy weekend for Athletics. We had students representing Eastern at the Southland Primary School Athletics at Surrey Park in Invercargill, and students in the South Island Secondary Schools Athletics in Timaru.
Congratulations to Joshua Potter who were placed 5th at the South Island Event in the Under 14 boys 1500m. This was a great effort and Joshua achieved a new personal best time of 4.38.01 min.
Libby McKinnel also performed very well at the South Island Secondary Schools event. Libby was placed 2nd in the Under 14 girls 800m, 3rd in the Under 14 girls 1500m and 6th in the Under 14 girls Javelin.
Congratulations to the following students who placed in the top six at the Southland Primary School Athletics.
- Eden McPhail – 4th 11 year old girls Shot Put
- Alice Napier – 6th 11 year old girls Shot Put
- Kiera Davis – 1st 11 year old girls 100m, 2nd 11 year old girls 200m, 4th 11 year old girls Long Jump, 1st 11 year old girls 4 x 100 Relay.
- Maclean Sharp – 3rd 10 year old boys 200m, 2nd= 10 year old boys High Jump,
- Lucy Wilson – 6th 12 year old girls Discus
- Seba Metzler – 6th= 11 year old boys Long Jump
- Matt Robinson – 6th= 12 year old boys High Jump
- Aydan Harris – 6th= 12 year old boys High Jump
- Katie Kelly – 2nd 12 year old girl’s High Jump, 5th 12 year old girls 4 x 100 Relay
- Emily Robinson – 5th 12 year old girl’s 4 x 100 Relay
Thank you very much to all the parents that attended and to those parents that helped with duties at the Shot Put Ring.
Kathryn Pinckney - Sports Co-ordinator