Who is your hero?
This was the theme for the National Young Leaders Day held on the 27th of May at the Regent Theatre in Dunedin. The days aim was to excite young people about their potential leadership. The students who were selected to go were Hannah McStay, Charlotte Cuttance, Kotahi Hetaraka, Dakoda Conroy, Alida Chay, Kate Johnston, Flynn Goodger, Regan Toogood, Sian Hutchins and Luke Roughan. They listened to five speakers: Alison Mooney, Christian Gallen, Alison Shanks, Gemma Knight and Cam Calkoen. There was also a special guest performance by Jamie McDowell.
Feedback and comments from students:
- Alison helped us to find our personality.
- Christian made us laugh and explained how we should follow our own path and not what our friends do
- Ali told us to dream big and enjoy what we are doing.
- Gemma said what are you doing today that will be missed tomorrow and you cant control everything but you can control how you prepare the situations.
- Cam has Cerebral Palsy. His favourite word was awesome and he told us to do one thing everyday that scares/challenges you.
- At the National Young Leaders day we learnt new skills. It inspired us to dream big and think about the potential we have and how to use it at St Peter’s in our future.