Adjoining St Peter’s College is a co-educational boarding house that caters for boys and girls aged between 11 – 18 years.
St Peter’s Boarding House is more than just a place to sleep; it provides a safe, family-orientated environment where students develop academically, socially and spiritually in accordance with our Catholic values. Our Boarding House is characterised by its emphasis on relationships, student welfare and learning.
The capable and professional staff at St Peter’s Boarding House create a boarding experience that features:
- Clean, homely facilities and spacious landscaped grounds
- A healthy, balanced and varied diet
- Individual cubicles for junior students and flatting-styled accommodation for senior students
- High academic expectations and goal setting
- Dedicated daily study time
- A mentoring programme, individualised pastoral care and clear expectations
- Leadership opportunities for Senior students
- Interhouse competitions, regular excursions, camps and co-curricular activities
International students can experience New Zealand culture first-hand in choosing to live with a New Zealand family.
Homestay families are carefully selected by Mrs Nikki Cunningham, our International Homestay Co-ordinator. For additional confidence, homestay families are also approved by New Zealand Police to ensure that quality care is given. Nikki also remains in close contact with each homestay family as St Peter’s College believes that communication is the key to a happy and successful homestay experience for our international students.
Our homestay families say that hosting international students is a rewarding experience, one where life-long friendships are formed.